v. or∙i∙ent∙ing: to align or position with respect to a point or system of reference \God"ward\, adv. Toward God.

8.18.2006

Valley of Vision

Just released at the Worship Conference, the Valley of Vision CD is worth picking up and listening to. Danielle and I got one, and like any CD we buy, it goes with us everywhere for a few weeks. The prayers and songs of the Valley of Vision are full of truth about God and heartfelt responses to God. These writers knew how to talk to God with genuine humility. As I read the lyrics, my heart agrees with their love for the Lord and I find myself time and time again captivated with how great my God and Savior is! Here's my favorite lines of the CD right now. It's from O Great God, a song written by Bob Kauflin which was based on the prayer entitled "Regeneration."

Help me now to live a life
That’s dependent on Your grace
Keep my heart and guard my soul
From the evils that I face
You are worthy to be praised
With my every thought and deed
O great God of highest heaven
Glorify Your Name through me


Sadly, prayers like this have been exchanged for shallow, man-centered prayers that are so common in many Christians lives. Maybe you're like me and want to grow in prayer. If so, this might be a good start. So, click on the link here to order yourself a copy and let's listen and be changed together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home