v. or∙i∙ent∙ing: to align or position with respect to a point or system of reference \God"ward\, adv. Toward God.

10.17.2006

On a journey

One thing I love about reading God's word is that the journey never ends. There is an eternity of glory and majesty being revealed around every corner. I just finished reading the Gospel of Luke and have now started reading through the Bible in a year with D.A. Carson's book, For The Love of God. It's a wonderful tool to use, with daily readings mapped out. So, a few days ago, I traveled into the world of Elijah and immediately was amazed yet again at the awesome power of God. Here's what struck me the other day in 1 Kings 18:46. Elijah ran faster than a chariot! If I'm reading my Bible correctly, it says in verse 44 that Ahab was in a charoit headed to Jezreel. And with the hand of the Lord on him, Elijah "gathered up his garment and ran before Ahab to the entrance of Jezreel." That is amazing! I'm not sure exactly why the Lord gave this supernatural power to Elijah at this time (there were other instances too), but it reminds me that the God we serve is all-powerful. Psalm 86:8-9 says, " There is none like you among the gods, O Lord, nor are there any works like yours. All the nations you have made shall come and worship before you, O Lord, and shall glorify your name." Jesus said in Matthew 19:26, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." When I read these words, my faith and trust in God was renewed and strengthened for the day ahead. Oh how much I need to stop resting and relying on myself and lean on my God who can accomplish anything!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home